Philately – (filos – friend, atelia – free of charge) is the word for love towards postal stamps, collecting and researching, collecting covers, cancels and other postal material.
To enter the magical world of philately first it is necessary to adopt some of the existing rules, the basic concepts and methods relevant to collecting stamps and creation of a collection.
Therefore, no one stamp is worthless, and has the same value of unused stamps, as well as those with the postmark.
What we should particularly pay attention is what kind of collection we want to create.
Since the stamps through various events etched in history, convey messages about the natural beauty, sporting success and everything else around us, one of the possible decision is to create a themed collection. Such collections are related strictly to a particular topic and make beautiful units that are attractive hobby philately, as there is a topic that is on a postage stamp appeared.
If you wish to get acquainted with the customs and cultures of countries where you've never been, then you can create a collection of stamps of some of the country. In this way we can travel and get to know the secrets of those places about which so many imagine.
One possibility, certainly, is providing general collection, which will include a variety of stamps, whatever the subject or country of origin. These collections are not too popular in experienced philatelic circles, but if you stamp collecting is a personal pleasure, and if you do not intend to participate as an exhibitor at shows, this method is quite acceptable interesting.
- includes the notion of regular and commemorative stamps, which are used as a means to pay for postal services in the domestic and international postal services.
DEFINITIVE POSTAL STAMP
issued in accordance with the real needs of postal services of Republic of Srpska and is used for payment and collection of postal service.
COMMEMORATIVE POSTAL STAMP
- the stamp of the same properties and uses, as well as the regular stamp, but in addition to general use, for payment of postal services, and for philatelic purposes are issued on the occasion of a celebration or when stamps want to celebrate an important event or its anniversary.
DATE OF ISSUE
- the date of commissioning commemorative stamps on sale, from which date it must be available for purchase.
- postage stamps (regular and commemorative) can be given individually, in which case it is included in an edition of one stamp or series (line) in which case was included the edition of several stamps, which may be all the same or different nominal values.
NOMINAL VALUE (NOMINAL)
- was officially presented the monetary value of the stamp in the national currency (Convertible Mark)
- is a stamp without the insured value (one or more) where the appropriate background and motive, which serves to prettify esthetic and graphic design sheet.
- is a total number of (regular and commemorative) stamps in one edition.
FIRST DAY COVER
- a letter with stamps that are used with the date stamped items is called the "first day cover" ("First Day Cover", or "FDC"). Such envelopes are often canceled by the postmark bearing the designation "First Day" (this label printed on an envelope and marked with hand postmark) which emphasizes the character of these envelopes.
- this includes: tweezers, magnifiers, albums, measuring stamp perforation tools and more.
COMMEMORATIVE POSTAL CANCELLATION
- the postmark of the date of the drawing, symbol or have a text which in this way marks an event, celebrations and similar things, and is used only in a particular post office for some time. This postmark can take different forms and can be used with fixed date or a day with moving the date for several days. If the postmark is used for canceling the stamps of their publications, he also represents the "first day postmark".
CONDITION OF STAMPS
- stamps are collected mint or canceled. Mint stamps must be preserved, with "fresh" and the original color and have the correct rubber. If the rubber is completely intact and without the "hinge", the stamp is valuable. Canceled stamps must be clean and neatly canceled. Some canceled stamps are much rarer than not canceled. Therefore, one should pay attention to the validity of that postmark whether this is an original postal stamps canceling or canceled service (on request of individuals) and subsequently canceled after their withdrawal from service.
- stamps are printed in larger or smaller sheets. Each other are separated by cutting, pierced or perforation. Cut stamps are called imperforated. Puncture can be in straight lines or in the form of saw. The separation of stamps with pierce is not easy, and perfectly separate stamps are rare, especially if the work was done postmen in official business. Teeth for perforation of stamps are not identical. Some are more intense, others less frequently. To determine the size of the perforation there are measures adopted by them is determined how many holes at 2 cm in length. Size perforation is listed when describing editions. Perforation is performed with a variety of machines with teeth (depending on the type) have a linear, comb, and approximately perforation.
Postal stamps of Republic of Srpska
The first series of stamps on which there was an inscription "REPUBLIC OF SRPSKA" issued on 26th of October 1992.
Before this date, the franking of parcels in post offices of Republic of Srpska used are valid postage stamps of the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia.
First set of stamps with the inscription Republic of Srpska
- It is an additional issue of 11 stamps, later called "Banja Luka provisory," which consisted of reprints of regular stamps Yugoslavia.
- this edition was used for franking items only in the western part of Srpska, while in other areas, until the beginning of 1993, were used stamps of Yugoslavia.
11th of January 1993:
- released in sale the first authentic edition of postage stamps RS (among philatelists known as the "first fiddle").
- "referendum "on the first (tentatively), commemorative edition dedicated to a referendum of the Serbian people in RS on the Vance-Owen peace plan.
- This edition consisted of three stamps of regular editions of "first fiddle", on which are placed a nominal value, the inscriptions "Referendum" and "15 -16.05.'93."
- It should be noted that the value of these stamps very quickly devalued inflation, so they were used less than 90 days.
Today, there is very small number of original letters with stamps of "Referendum", so it is a true jewel of the Republic of Srpska stamp collections.
9th of January 1994:
- First, let's call the "right" commemorative issue stamps of Republic of Srpska. This is a stamp dedicated to Statehood Day of RS, where there is a motive mural with the image of St. Stephen.
- From this series of postage stamps in the publishing of postal stamps of Republic of Srpska began to dominate the commemorative issues. Year is going out between 6 and 14 commemorative issues and one or two regular issues.
- follow the cultural and sport events and issue regular and commemorative stamps.
- participate in the philatelic exhibitions throughout Europe and the world, promoting the company and country.
- Post Office every year traditionally organize the competition of the most beautiful postage stamps