Title::55 years of National Library Srebrenica
Date of Issue:02.06.2014
Printing techniques:multicolour offset
Printing House:Forum, Novi Sad
Motive: book and feather
Face value:0.90 BAM
National Library of Srebrenica began its work in 1959, When the Council for Education and Culture MA Srebrenica provides funds for the purchase of several hundred books. In 1961 fund of the library enriched with books from spas Guber then begins serious and systematic enrichment of library holdings and cataloging. As part of the National University "Zvonimir Subic" the Library in 1967 was obtained to use the space of 108 square meters, when for the first time they set aside the Children's Department. The library at that time had two branch classes in Skelane and Podravanje, which were placed in primary schools.
Twenty years after the founding, the Library had 16,000 library units and about 1,200 readers. Unfortunately, earlier opened regional offices are closed, a great effort is invested in connection with libraries that work in schools and workplaces so that, in addition to providing technical assistance contribute to the popularization of the book. Former membership are mostly made up of students and pupils, as is the case today.
The construction of the new building of the Cultural Center of the permanent use of the library has been ceded 444 m2 area and until 2006 was part of the institution. After pre-registration, library became an independent institution with the name "National Library of Srebrenica" in which there is a museum collection of archaeological and ethnographic type.
Organized by the Association of Librarians of the Republic of Srpska, National Library of Srebrenica took the title of the best library in 2013.
Nebojsa Djumic and МА Bozidar Dosenovic
Publisher: Poste Srpske a.d. Banjaluka