BASIC PHILATELY TERMS
- includes the notion of regular and commemorative stamps, which are used as a means to pay for postal services in the domestic and international postal services.
REGULAR POSTAGE STAMP
- issued in accordance with the real needs of postal services of Republic of Srpska and is used for payment and collection of postal service.
COMMEMORATIVE POSTAL STAMP
- the stamp of the same properties and uses, as well as the regular stamp, but in addition to general use, for payment of postal services, and for philatelic purposes are issued on the occasion of a celebration or when stamps want to celebrate an important event or its anniversary.
DATE OF ISSUE
- the date of commissioning commemorative stamps on sale, from which date it must be available for purchase.
- postage stamps (regular and commemorative) can be given individually, in which case it is included in an edition of one stamp or series (line) in which case was included the edition of several stamps, which may be all the same or different nominal values.
NOMINAL VALUE (NOMINAL)
- was officially presented the monetary value of the stamp in national currency (Convertible Mark)
- is a stamp without the insured value (one or more) where the appropriate background and motive, which serves to prettify esthetic and graphic design sheet.
- is a total number of (regular and commemorative) stamps in one edition.
FIRST DAY COVER
- a letter with stamps that are used with the date stamped items is called the "first day cover" ("First Day Cover", or "FDC"). Such envelopes are often canceled by the postmark bearing the designation "First Day" (this label printed on an envelope and marked with hand postmark) which emphasizes the character of these envelopes.
- this includes: tweezers, magnifiers, albums, measuring stamp perforation tools and more.
COMMEMORATIVE POSTAL STAMP
- the postmark of the date of the drawing, symbol or have a text which in this way marks an event, celebrations and similar things, and is used only in a particular post office for some time. This postmark can take different forms and can be used with fixed date or a day with moving the date for several days. If the postmark is used for canceling the stamps of their publications, he also represents the "first day postmark".
CONDITION OF STAMPS
- stamps are collected mint or canceled. Mint stamps must be preserved, with "fresh" and the original color and have the correct rubber. If the rubber is completely intact and without the "hinge", the stamp is valuable. Canceled stamps must be clean and neatly canceled. Some canceled stamps are much rarer than not canceled. Therefore, one should pay attention to the validity of that postmark whether this is an original postal stamps canceling or canceled service (on request of individuals) and subsequently canceled after their withdrawal from service.
- stamps are printed in larger or smaller sheets. Each other are separated by cutting, pierced or perforation. Cut stamps are called imperforated. Puncture can be in straight lines or in the form of saw. The separation of stamps with pierce is not easy, and perfectly separate stamps are rare, especially if the work was done postmen in official business. Teeth for perforation of stamps are not identical. Some are more intense, others less frequently. To determine the size of the perforation there are measures adopted by them is determined how many holes at 2 cm in length. Size perforation is listed when describing editions. Perforation is performed with a variety of machines with teeth (depending on the type) have a linear, comb, and approximately perforation.