Express mail is a type of service which provides the fastest and the safest delivery of mail items.
Express mail may contain written correspondence, documents, goods and other articles. Senders and recipients may be natural and legal persons. The items may be picked up at the sender's address and are delivered at the recipient's address.
Express mail items may be paid upon delivery.
Furthermore, for domestic Express mail the sender may request:
- insured value
- delivery in person
- advice of delivery
- return documents service
Express mail may be posted as a single item, collective item (minimum two single mail items) and invitation (minimum five express mail items, invitations, greeting cards, prize coupons etc. whose maximum weight must not exceed 50 gr). This service is available only for delivery area of the same post office where the items are posted.
- Next day delivery - the items posted before defined time the day before will be delivered not later than 3 PM the next day
- Same day delivery - the items posted before defined time will be delivered not later than 8 PM the same day
- Prompt delivery - the items will be delivered within 3 hours for the same city area
Postage may be paid by:
- the sender
- the recipient
- the third party provided that it has concluded a Contract for conveyance of Business Express items
- For the area of Republic Srpska the greatest length of one side of Express mail or Business express mail may not exceed 250 cm and sum of its length, width and height may not exceed 120x80x100
- For the area of Federation of BiH the maximum dimensions for Express mail or Business express items may not exceed 120x80x100
- For bulky items and all items whose dimensions exceed the sum of the length, width and height of 300 cm, postage calculation is based on volumetric weight of the item if it is greater than its actual weight.
- The volumetric weight is calculated according to the standard IATA formula: length X width X height (in cm)/5000= Volumetric weight (in kg).
- Пошиљка Брзе поште или Биз експреса за подручје Федерације може бити максималне масе до 50 кг.
- Maximum weight of Express mail for Republic Srpska may not exceed 50 kg. If the content is indivisible the weight may exceed 50 kg.
- Express mail item may contain written correspondence, documents, goods and other items except those prohibited by law.
- The sender bears the responsibility for sending prohibited items.
- The sender is responsible for damage caused by the contents of the item or inadequate packing.
- It is the sender's responsibility to pack the item in a way to protect its contents, other items and employees handling with the items.
- Items should be packed in appropriate packaging (wrapping – envelop, transparent foils, boxes, receptacles etc.).
- The packaging must correspond to the type, nature, content, shape, weight and value of the item itself.
- Objects made of glass or other fragile objects (ceramic object, electric and computer equipment) should be packed in a strong box, filled with an appropriate protective material.
- Liquids should be packed in perfectly leak-proof containers. Each container should be placed in a special strong box containing an appropriate protective material to absorb the liquid if the container break. The lid of the box shall be fixed so that it cannot easily work loose.
- Fatty substances which do not easily liquefy (ointments, soft-soap, resins etc.) should be enclosed in a first packing (box, bag of cloth or plastic bag, etc.), which is itself placed in a box (wooden, metal, strong plastic) or from other material stout enough to prevent the contents from leaking.
- Different types of dry powders should be packed in metal, wooden, strong plastic or cardboard containers (box, bag). These containers shall themselves be enclosed in a stout box made from wood, metal, plastic etc. and space between the boxes should be filled with appropriate absorbent and protective material.
- If the Express or Biz express mail item is posted individually, the sender with its signature on the address label confirms that he/she is familiar with the conditions for service provision and takes responsibility for appropriate packing of the item. If the Express or Biz Express mail items are posted via the Acceptance Book than the signature in the book confirms that he/she is familiar with the conditions for service provision and takes responsibility for appropriate packing of the item.
- Items should be closed with glue, tape, string, security label etc