Lettermail items imply conveyance of following types of services:
- postal cards (postcards, greeting cards,…)
- printed matters
- М bags, and
The contents of the item determines the type of the service, i.e. whether it shall be posted as a letter, postal card, printed matter, M bag or cecogramme.
If it contains written correspondence and/or goods the item shall be posted as a letter, but if it contains books, newspapers, periodicals or other printed material the item shall be posted as a printed matter or M bag. Postcards and greeting cards are accepted as a postal cards, whereas the items whose contents is intended for the blind and partially sighted persons are accepted as cecogrammes.
The deadline and the standard for transportation and delivery of postal items means the time period from the moment when the item is posted until the actual delivery to the addressee or attempt of delivery.
In domestic postal operations Poste Srpske is obliged to convey lettermail items within following deadlines:
- up to 2 working days for delivery areas where delivery is organized at least 5 working days per week
- up to 3 working days for delivery areas where delivery is organized at least 3 working days per week
- up to 5 working days for delivery area where delivery is organized at least 1 working day per week.
The deadlines for delivery does not include:
- the day of posting the item
- non-working days (Sunday, State and religious holidays and days when delivery is not provided)
- period of delay due to incorrect or insufficient address
- period of delay due to Force Majeure or delay in traffic not caused by Poste Srpske.
In international operations the deadlines for transmission depend on the distance between origin and destination country, transportation routes, quality standards of the national postal operators.
Indicative deadlines for transmission of lettermail items represent rather indicated and not guaranteed time for transmission. The duration time for customs procedure within the destination country is excluded from the transmission deadlines.